- A syndrome named after a failed bank robbery in Stockholm, Sweden.
- The hostages are certain they are going to die and experience a powerful, primitive positive feeling towards their captor – in their mind, they think this is the person who is going to let them live.
Bizarre – stories from real life
1. markedly unusual in appearance, style, or general character and often involving incongruous or unexpected elements; outrageously or whimsically strange; odd
Because sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction... from shrunken heads, auto-erotic strangulation and cult leaders to post-mortem staging, circus freaks and human oddities. Because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; truth is not.
- Lopez described Björk as his muse and slowly his obsession was bordering psychotic.
- Sent a letter bomb to Björk using a hollowed-out book and wanted to commit suicide in front of the camera once the bomb was sent.
- The monkey to receive a head transplant lived for only a short period after the operation, with the animal being able to smell, taste, hear and see the world around it.
- The research drew both accolades and controversy. In 2001, Dr. White successfully repeated the operation.
The cumbersome and baffling manuscript from the Middle Ages, according to one of many legends, is believed to be produced by a monk in a single night who sold his soul to the Devil himself.
According to the legend: A monk broke his monastic vows and was sentenced to be walled up alive (an execution method; e.g. the prisoner is being placed in a cave and having the exits covered with stones and is left to die from starvation or dehydration). To save himself, he promised to create a book in one year to honor the monastery forever, including all human knowledge. It quickly became apparent the grandiose task was impossible to complete alone, so he made a special prayer to Lucifer, asking him for help finishing his book in exchange for his soul. The Lucifer completed the manuscript, and the monk either added the Devil’s picture out of gratitude or Devil himself signed the work by adding these self-portraits.