- The Weavers regarded themselves as white “separatists,” not supremacists.
- The family had guns, plenty of guns, as they prepared with their children for the apocalypse.
Bizarre – stories from real life
1. markedly unusual in appearance, style, or general character and often involving incongruous or unexpected elements; outrageously or whimsically strange; odd
Because sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction... from shrunken heads, auto-erotic strangulation and cult leaders to post-mortem staging, circus freaks and human oddities. Because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; truth is not.
- Roman Catholics once believed that holy people skipped the decomposition after death.
- The ‘incorruptibles’ were often turned into saints with their bodies lavishly displayed in an open reliquary for worship.
- A psychological disorder in which a healthy person feels that they are meant to be disabled.
- People want to have a limb amputated, to be blinded, or to be disabled in some way.
- The twins refused to talk to anyone but each other, and then only in their own personal ‘cryptophasia’ – or secret twin language.
- As they grew up, the complicated love-hate relationship culminated to multiple incidents where they attempted to murder each other.